A painful toothache could indicate an abscess or other infection in the mouth. Please call our office right away from an appointment. In the mean time, some helpful tips to manage pain are:
- Rinse the mouth with warm water to clean it out.
- Gently use dental floss to remove any food caught between the teeth.
- Do not put aspirin on the aching tooth or gum tissues.
- Pain Management: Always check with your dentist or physician if you have questions about which medications you can and cannot take.
- Mild to Moderate Pain- Take 500-1000mg Tylenol (two -three tablets) OR 400-800mg Ibuprofen (Motrin) (two – four tablets) every 4-6 hours.
- Severe Pain- Take 500-1000mg Tylenol (two -three tablets) AND 400-800mg Ibuprofen (Motrin) (two – four tablets) TOGETHER every 6 hours.
- Avoid very hot and cold foods and beverages.
- Apply a cold compress on the outside of the cheek. If the face is swollen, apply a cold compress alternating 10 minutes on, 5 minutes off.
- You may or may not notice a small, raised bump around the tooth in your gums. This can indicated an abscessed tooth. Do NOT try and squeeze or pop the abscess.
Call our office at Satula Family Dental Phone Number (414) 425-1510 as quickly as possible to make an appointment.
We Are Here To Help!
Contact us with any questions or to schedule your appointment.